Episode 18: Bitcoin and the Banks – Five Stages of Grief
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a best-selling author, speaker, educator, and one of the world’s foremost bitcoin and open blockchain experts.
Follow on Twitter: @aantonop
In “Bitcoin and the Banks: Five Stages of Grief,”Andreas examines the rise of “Blockchain” as an attempt by the banking status quo to dilute the disruptive potential of Bitcoin by removing its most interesting features. He argues that this is one symptom of a multi-stage grief process that banks will inevitably transition through as they try to come to terms with Bitcoin and the new open blockchain ecosystem.
This talk was delivered on March 17th 2015 at the Decentralized Technology event in Toronto, Canada.
This series is called ‘Unscrypted’ for a reason: all of Andreas’ talks are performed without slides or notes. You can find any necessary corrections and clarifications in the podcast description.
Credits: The narration for this episode was done by Stephanie Murphy. Production support from Erica and Jessica. Video editing by Adrian Tano. Sound editing by Dimitris Angelidis of Sampi Media. Logo design by Davi Barker. The music is called “Unbounded” by Orfan.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:28 — 18.4MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More
“Bitcoin and the Banks: Five Stages of Grief'” – https://youtu.be/43Ucj6_Erb0
- “Introduction to Bitcoin” – https://aantonop.com/introduction-to-bitcoin/
- “The Stories We Tell About Money” – https://aantonop.com/the-stories-we-tell-about-money/
- “Forkology: A Study of Forks for Newbies” – https://aantonop.com/forkology/
- “Streaming Money” – https://aantonop.com/streaming-money/
- “The Currency Wars” – https://aantonop.com/the-currency-wars/
- “Escaping the Global Banking Cartel” – https://aantonop.com/escaping-the-global-banking-cartel/
- “Money as a System of Control” – https://aantonop.com/money-as-a-system-of-control/
- “Worse than Useless: Financial Surveillance” – https://aantonop.com/worse-than-useless/
- “Picking the Right Blockchain for the Job” – https://aantonop.com/picking-the-right-blockchain-for-the-job/
- “Another Brick in the Firewall” – https://aantonop.com/another-brick-in-the-firewall/
- “Universal Access to Basic Finance” – https://aantonop.com/universal-access-to-basic-finance/
- “The Killer App: Bananas on the Blockchain?” – https://aantonop.com/the-killer-app-bananas-on-the-blockchain/
- “Libre Not Libra: Facebook’s Blockchain Project” – https://aantonop.com/libre-not-libra-facebooks-blockchain-project/
- “Bitcoin: A Swiss Bank in Everyone’s Pocket” – https://aantonop.com/bitcoin-a-swiss-bank-in-everyones-pocket/
- “Outside the Golden Cage of Banking” – https://aantonop.com/outside-the-golden-cage-of-banking/
- “One of a Kind: Why Bitcoin is ‘The Next Bitcoin'” – https://aantonop.com/one-of-a-kind/
- “Bitcoin, Payment Security, and Consumer Protection” – https://aantonop.com/bitcion-payment-security-and-consumer-protection/
“Bubble Boy and the Sewer Rat” – https://aantonop.com/bubble-boy-and-the-sewer-rat/
Want early-access to talks? Monthly live Q&As with Andreas? Become a patron: https://www.patreon.com/aantonop
MASTERING BITCOIN, 2nd Edition: https://amzn.to/2xcdsY9
THE INTERNET OF MONEY, v1: https://amzn.to/2ykmXFs
THE INTERNET OF MONEY, v2: https://amzn.to/2IIG5BJ
Spanish, ‘Internet del Dinero’ (v1) – https://amzn.to/2yoaTTq
German, ‘Das Internet des Geldes’ (v1) – https://amzn.to/2LEiyqO
German, ‘Das Internet des Geldes’ (v2) – https://amzn.to/2VCzse5
French, ‘L’internet de l’argent’ (v1) – https://www.amazon.fr/Linternet-largent-Andreas-M-Antonopoulos/dp/2856083390
Russian, ‘Интернет денег’ (v1) – https://www.olbuss.ru/catalog/ekonomika-i-biznes/korporativnye-finansy-bankovskoe-delo/internet-deneg
Vietnamese, ‘Internet Của Tiền Tệ’ (v1) – https://alphabooks.vn/khi-tien-len-mang
MASTERING ETHEREUM: https://amzn.to/2xdxmlK