Episode 12: The Killer App – Bananas on the Blockchain?
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a best-selling author, speaker, educator, and one of the world’s foremost bitcoin and open blockchain experts.
In “The Killer App: Bananas on the Blockchain?” Andreas focuses on the two main killer apps in the open blockchain ecosystem: sound money and governance. In the last episode, he advocated for universal access to basic finance. Now he shoots back at the elitist finance tycoons who say they “don’t need cryptocurrencies,” while prioritising venture capital funding towards projects that lack all of an open blockchain’s best features. He argues that their failure to consider the broader needs of the other six billion people. Watch out for those banana peels, Mr. Buffet!
This talk took place on June 13th 2019 during the Coinscrum Meetup in London, England.
This series is called ‘Unscrypted’ for a reason: all of Andreas’ talks are performed without slides or notes. You can find any necessary corrections and clarifications in the podcast description.
Credits: The narration for this episode was done by Stephanie Murphy. Production support from Erica and Jessica. Video editing by Adrian Tano. Sound editing by Dimitris Angelidis of Sampi Media. Logo design by Davi Barker. The music is called “Unbounded” by Orfan.
“The Killer App: Bananas on the Blockchain?” – https://youtu.be/H_kyYrbBY1I
- “Introduction to Bitcoin” – https://aantonop.com/introduction-to-bitcoin/
- “The Stories We Tell About Money” – https://aantonop.com/the-stories-we-tell-about-money/
- “Forkology: A Study of Forks for Newbies” – https://aantonop.com/forkology/
- “Streaming Money” – https://aantonop.com/streaming-money/
- “The Currency Wars” – https://aantonop.com/the-currency-wars/
- “Escaping the Global Banking Cartel” – https://aantonop.com/escaping-the-global-banking-cartel/
- “Money as a System of Control” – https://aantonop.com/money-as-a-system-of-control/
- “Worse than Useless: Financial Surveillance” – https://aantonop.com/worse-than-useless/
- “Picking the Right Blockchain for the Job” – https://aantonop.com/picking-the-right-blockchain-for-the-job/
- “Another Brick in the Firewall” – https://aantonop.com/another-brick-in-the-firewall/
- “Universal Access to Basic Finance” – https://aantonop.com/universal-access-to-basic-finance/
“Libre Not Libra: Facebook’s Blockchain Project” – https://aantonop.com/libre-not-libra-facebooks-blockchain-project/
If you want early-access to talks and a chance to participate in the monthly live Q&As with Andreas, become a patron: https://www.patreon.com/aantonop
MASTERING BITCOIN, 2nd Edition: https://amzn.to/2xcdsY9
THE INTERNET OF MONEY, v1: https://amzn.to/2ykmXFs
THE INTERNET OF MONEY, v2: https://amzn.to/2IIG5BJ
Spanish, ‘Internet del Dinero’ (v1) – https://amzn.to/2yoaTTq
German, ‘Das Internet des Geldes’ (v1) – https://amzn.to/2LEiyqO
German, ‘Das Internet des Geldes’ (v2) – https://amzn.to/2VCzse5
French, ‘L’internet de l’argent’ (v1) – https://www.amazon.fr/Linternet-largent-Andreas-M-Antonopoulos/dp/2856083390
Russian, ‘Интернет денег’ (v1) – https://www.olbuss.ru/catalog/ekonomika-i-biznes/korporativnye-finansy-bankovskoe-delo/internet-deneg
Vietnamese, ‘Internet Của Tiền Tệ’ (v1) – https://alphabooks.vn/khi-tien-len-mang
MASTERING ETHEREUM: https://amzn.to/2xdxmlK