This ebook is sold and delivered in three ebook formats: PDF, EPUB and MOBI/Kindle, without DRM restrictions, under a CC-BY-SA open license.
Your files, your book. Not your files, not your book!
Join the technological revolution that’s taking the financial world by storm. Mastering Bitcoin is your guide through the seemingly complex world of bitcoin, providing the knowledge you need to participate in the internet of money. Whether you’re building the next killer app, investing in a startup, or simply curious about the technology, this revised and expanded second edition provides essential detail to get you started.
Bitcoin, the first successful decentralized digital currency, is still in its early stages and yet it’s already spawned a multi-billion-dollar global economy open to anyone with the knowledge and passion to participate. Mastering Bitcoin provides the knowledge. You simply supply the passion.
The second edition includes:
- A broad introduction of bitcoin and its underlying blockchain—ideal for non-technical users, investors, and business executives
- An explanation of the technical foundations of bitcoin and cryptographic currencies for developers, engineers, and software and systems architects
- Details of the bitcoin decentralized network, peer-to-peer architecture, transaction lifecycle, and security principles
- New developments such as Segregated Witness, Payment Channels, and Lightning Network
- A deep dive into blockchain applications, including how to combine the building blocks offered by this platform into higher-level applications
- User stories, analogies, examples, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts
Bitcoin and blockchain technologies are becoming fundamental building blocks for the next generation internet. Silicon Valley’s best and brightest are working on it. Andreas’ book will help you join the software revolution in the world of finance.
Naval Ravikant, Co-founder AngelList
Mastering Bitcoin is the best technical reference available on bitcoin today. And bitcoin is likely to be seen in retrospect as the most important technology of this decade. As such, this book is an absolute must-have for any developer, especially those interested in building applications with the bitcoin protocol. Highly recommended.
Balaji S. Srinivasan (@balajis), General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
I have very little experience with programming, and am only just getting interested in cryptocurrency, so I was somewhat nervous that this book would be too in depth, and too complicated for me to understand. Thankfully I was wrong. This book gives a great explanation as to how bitcoin works, which is something that is limited with other methods of learning about bitcoin. For most sources I read about bitcoin, they would only briefly cover the technical, leaving it ambiguous, as if transactions are just magic, and that we just accept that these happen. This book really shows how a transaction works, how blockchain works, and why we need it–along with a history and and thorough introduction of bitcoin that could explain it to someone that knows nothing of distributed ledger technology.
I would suggest this book for anyone technically minded that wants to take the deep dive into understanding blockchain technology.