On today’s show we’re going back to basics. While bitcoin and digital bearer assets in general are an incredibly important technology, the reason they’re likely to be important to the future has little to do with the token and everything to do with the context surrounding them: The world we live in every day, where government-controlled money is abused for the benefit of the few and to the detriment of the many.
- For whom is the economy still working, and who is not being served?
- What’s wrong with money that makes alternatives attractive?
- Why and how is Bitcoin disconnected from the current system?
- What’s the value in the U.S .and western Europe compared to the value in less developed parts of the world?
- What role does speculation play in the story of bitcoin?
- Bitcoin’s been around now for more than 20 years. Are we on track to make a difference? What’s the normal adoption curve for disruptive or revolutionary technologies?
- What IS a disruptive or revolutionary technology? Who or what is bitcoin potentially disrupting?
- Does being part of the bitcoin community make you politically affiliated, or represent a distinct political viewpoint?
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/originalltb/message